Monthly Music Review : May 2010

/
2 Comments
Long time no see guys. First I want to apologize for the lack of blog entry I made this month. University entrance tests and stuffs keep me busy these days. But obviously I'm not planning to stop blogging. I will still update my blog at least 2-3 times a month.

Okay enough for chitchat. It's been a while since my last Monthly Music Review. So because of that, this time I will make it a loooooooooooooooooong post to cover the music single I miss. So what are we waiting for? Let's rock!


My Soul, Your Beats! & Brave Song
Lia & Aoi Tada
They say save the best for the last. But I'l gotta say number one is for the winner. Yeah right, Angel Beats OP+ED is a win in my book. Nothing can top both the great songs by Lia and Aoi Tada. The OP "My Soul, Your Beats!" is like a Lia trademark song. The piano intro is awesome. Even this song can be compared with "Toki wo Kizamu Uta" in term of piano tune.
The ED is slightly slower tempo than the OP but that's natural. Aoi Tada's Brave Song is really really a relaxing song so I usually listening to it before go to sleep. Basically this single is a must listen. I give my two thumbs for this single.
Rating: 9/10

Crow Song
Girls Dead Monster
Hey, it's GalDeMo! What more can I say? They already surpassed Houkago Tea Time as my favorite anime band besides DMC and ENOZ.
Rating: 8/10

Thousand Enemies
Girls Dead Monster
Second single of GalDeMo and this time they used a new vocalist. LiSA is indeed better than the first vocalist (I forgot her name) and I'm glad they will use LiSA for the rest of GalDeMo singles.
Rating: 8/10


GO! GO! MANIAC
Houkago Tea Time
Hi there, Chipmunks Tea Time! C'mon, what's with that squeaky voice and fast paced song? This is not HTT I used to like! If there ever be a band clash-up between HTT and GDM, I'll place my bet for GDM. HTT can suck my dick. Oh I forgot to say, the second track is better than the first. I'm starting to think that Genius...!_ should be the OP instead.
Rating: 5/10

Listen!!
Houkago Tea Time
Actually I rank this a much lower than Don't Say Lazy but at least it's higher than GO! GO! MANIAC. I'm lying if I say I don't enjoy the song, but it's just nothing special in the song. I wanna know what the composer of K-ON!! is smoking while he works. He's really lost his touch in making a song. Fortunately, a winking Mio is fine too.
Rating: 6/10

Sign of Love
Immi
Enjoyable song. Period.
Rating: 8/10

Venus to Jesus
Etsuko Yakushimaru
OP is done. Now gimme my ED!
Rating: 8/10

Refulgence
Shoujobyo
All I know about Shoujo Byo is that they're a (former?) doujin music artist. Nevertheless, the song is nice to listen.
Rating: 8.5/10

Mirai e
Himeka
Still our lovely Himeka.
Rating: 8/10

Roulette
Tetsuya
A very gay song for a very gay anime.
Rating: 5/10

Yokan
Heidi
A very gay song for an anime about hawt meido.
Rating: 5/10

Maigo Inu to Ame no Beat
Asian Kung-Fu Generation
Good ol' AKG! I never tired listening to their song.
Rating: 7.5/10

I Have a Dream
Kalafina
Great song. Really a Kalafina song.
Rating: 8/10

Ray of Light
Shouko Nakagawa
I haven't get touch with Shokotan stuffs since Gurren Lagann. So this one may refresh my ear for a while.
Rating: 8/10

Inori no Kanata
Akiko Shikata
Wait- Akiko Shikata? As in Umineko OP? She sure knows how to haunt people in her song.
Rating: 8/10

Someone Else
Kana Asumi
SOMEONE WAN WAN~ SOMEONE WAN WAN~
Talked about catchiness. This one heck of catchy song out there.
Rating: 8.5/10

Our Steady Boy
YuiKaori
This song give me creeps and bad memories about KissXSis.
Rating: 5/10

Wishes Hypocrites
Ayumi Fujimura
-Blank-
Rating: 7/10


Everyday Sunshine Line!
Natsuko Asou
-Blank-
Rating: 7/10

Haruka na Hibi
Eufonius
Once Eufonius is my favorite group. And it is still.
Rating: 8/10


A Far-Off Distance
Galneryus
This awesome song make you feel stronger inside and outside your body! And it sung by the famous Galneryus! Try it and you won't disappointed!
Rating: 9/10

Bokura no Natsu no Yume
Tatsuro Yamashita
Summer Wars ED. Not very memorable.
Rating: 6/10


Hadashi no Princess
Yukari Tamura
A song you should avoid for your own sake.
Rating: 5/10


Oshiete A to Z
Yukari Tamura
This song sucked so much that make me want to stab my ear everytime this song played in my playlist.
Rating: 4/10

Balance Kiss
Ayana Taketatsu
Meh.
Rating: 6/10

Realove:Realife
Sphere
Sphere might be better without Aki Toyosaki. Seriously guys, she used her Yui voice!
Rating: 6/10

Change
UVERworld
You sure you're not releasing it too soon, UVERworld?
Rating: 7/10

Calling
Flow
A generic shonen but decent song.
Rating: 7/10

Tenshi ni Nachatta
May'n
All right let me get this straight. I'm starting to feel tired listening to May'n song. They just feel ...too Macross-ish.
Rating: 8/10

With...
Jyukai
Aah, still Jyukai I knew and loved. I feel like crying when listening to this song.
Rating: 8.5/10

All In Good Time
Mami Kawada
Nice and relaxing song.
Rating: 8/10

Future Nova
School Food Punishment
One of the best song this year.
Rating: 8.5/10


Kaze to Oka no Ballad
Real Paradis
Nice piece of work!
Rating: 8/10

Okay, I'm done. Thank you so much for reading this post. And one thing ...DO NOT ever ask me where to download these songs. There's thing called Google and you should use it more. Okay so long- (and goodnight!)


2 comments :

  1. Minoru-senpai hebat ya... punya sense of melodies dari mana? Saya aja punya sense of melodies cuma dengerin dari Handphone... (itupun baru level 21... level rendah...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. experience is your best teacher, son

    ReplyDelete