Review: Ace Attorney Movie

/
0 Comments
Hi, long time no see. I've been not blogging for quite a long time. Most because of there's no relevant thing to write about, since I'm not really up to date to the current airing anime. I've been following the Muv-Luv franchise just recently and that's all I've been doing for these weeks. I'm still in the middle of Alternative, btw. Anyway, enough about me. Let's talk about Ace Attorney movie. Well, it's been out on cinema in Japan since February, but the DVD was released just recently.

As you may (or may not) know it, I'm a HUGE fan of Ace Attorney series. I've played all the game in the series, played fanmade games, read the manga, and many more. I love everything about this series. Its fanbase is one of a few fanbase that I'm not ashamed to be the part of it. So some cool people decided it's a good idea to adapt the first game in the series, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, into a movie. The movie is directed by Takashi Miike (Crows Zero, Nintama Rantaro).


The film in general followed most of the trials from the game. However, it focused primarily on two trials: Turnabout Sisters and Turnabout Goodbyes. There's some significant changes in the plot but not that much. Most of the aspect from the game like presenting evidence, cross-examining the witnesses, or the famous objection are portrayed nicely in the film. The court part used sci-fi elements such as holographic image to show the evidences.

The characters, especially Wright and Prosecutor von Karma, are played almost perfectly by the actors. The character resemblance was a plus too. Also, it's nice to see they paid attention to some little things from the game like Steel Samurai and Blue Badger. It's not much but enough to make fans of the series smile. The music is pretty good. Most of the music were taken from the game and rearranged for the movie. Again, the fans will surely glad to hear the music. It might even trigger the sense of nostalgia among them.

Overall, it's a pretty good movie for the fans. It can be a bit tedious for person outside of fanbase but I don't doubt they can enjoy this movie too. I hope they're gonna announced the sequel soon. How I love to see that last case from the 2nd game.

More screenies:

No comments :