I Scream

/
4 Comments
That's it. Hyouka ends. Just like that. There was no confession. There was no kiss. Not even a hand-holding scene. But it was alright. Hyouka was never about romance in the first place. The show was revolving around "mysteries". Or so they said.

However I didn't watch Hyouka for the mystery. Nor did I watch it for the shipping faggotry. I watched it for its high production value, especially in the art department. Kyoto Animation did a fine job with the animation.

The mystery aspect in Hyouka was kinda weak. Rather than mystery-of-the-week ala Scooby Doo, I'd rather describe the mystery in Hyouka as The Curious Case of Chitanda Eru. I think the only interesting case was the one at episode 19. The rest were bland, if not dumb.

I think Hyouka would work better if it was about Oreki and Sunohara Satoshi solving various mysterious around the school rather than focused on Chitanda's unnecessary curiousity. And Mayaka would be a completely irrelevant character.

Well, while I won't say it was a completely waste of time, I must admit that Hyouka didn't meet my expectation I had at the start. At least the visual was great. Out of a 1-10 scale, I'm gonna give this series a 7 at best.

4 comments :

  1. "I think Hyouka would work better if it was about Oreki and Sunohara Satoshi solving various mysterious around the school rather than focused on Chitanda's unnecessary curiousity."

    I think the story just want to show that someone like Chintanda can change a life of someone like Oreki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. Maybe we're watching a different show?

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe we were watching from different angle.
    i watched it from behind :v

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claim free bitcoins from Easy Bitcoin Faucet. Up to 33 satoshis every 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete