Working through my backlogs

/
0 Comments
So I'm in holiday and I thought that these are good times to start working through my countless backlogs. These include anime, manga and video games backlog. These are several of them that I already completed.

Anime
Black Lagoon (and sequels)
Honestly I've never watch the anime before. It doesn't really matter since I've already read the manga hundred times. Still, seeing those run 'n gun sequences are one of the thing you cannot miss if you are a fan of action genre. My favorite arc is the one that involving the twins.
Rating:
Black Lagoon: 9/10
The Second Barrage: 9/10
Roberta's Blood Trail: 8/10

Texhnolyze
Bloody hell. This must be one of the most depressing anime I've ever watched. Literally everyone dies in the end. Whoops, sorry to spoil you. I like the atmosphere of this show. The dark town of Lux, the sewer, the "Outside World", those places really feels alive to me. This anime is definitely need to be rewatched someday.
Rating: 9/10

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
It's one of those anime that you can't really find its weakness. Everything feels perfectly fine. Intense action, smart conversation, amazing characters, you name it. However I gave it a 9 out of 10, just because I'm an ass. Sure, it is a perfect anime but not my favorite so I can't give it a full score.
Rating: 9/10

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Bide your time... And hold out hope! Another one that close to being perfect. Once I start watching it I'm always on the edge of my seat. The Count is a fascinating character. He's so manipulative that I always feel he's going to be a great villain in other anime. I haven't read the original story ye but I'm planning to do so (after I'm done with Les Miserables).
Rating: 9/10

Kaiji
ざわ‥ ざわ‥
Rating: 8/10 (for losing his ear and fingers)

Moyashimon
You can call it some kind of preparation before watching the second season. But honestly I can't really say that it's that great. Sure it's a nice comedy and there are cute microbes here and there (I mean, microbes! Cute!) but that's all it can offer.
Rating: 8/10 (I was going to give it a 7 but a plus for the cute tranny.

Diebuster
Not really much to say here since I'm still on episode 2.

Crest of the Stars
Idem with above. I already fall in love with the setting of this one though.

Manga
Akame ga Kill
It's pretty fun to read. Typical shonen stuff except it comes with some violent twist. The characters are OK. Still ongoing currently at chapter 26.
Cute girl killing each other: The Manga
Dowman Sayman
He's a great mangaka that I've yet to known until recently. One of his famous work is Voynich Hotel. Currently reading that. Also, finished his other work called Nickelodeon Red. It's weird stuff but I love it. His style reminds me of Kumeta (of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei fame).

Inio Asano
I'm also re-reading some of Inio Asano's stuff like Solanin and Hikari no Machi. Still great as always. Especially Nijigahara Holograph. I cannot bring myself to re-read Punpun though, that's too hard for my mind and soul ;_;

Video Games
Hitman Blood Money
Man, this game kicks so much ass. That final mission in funeral was really awesome. Too bad some of the missions were too easy (the one in house with pool also the wedding) while the other were just plain great. My favorite way to kill? Pushing some old guy off the balcony.
Score: 9/10
Merry Christmas to you too, 47
Bioshock
Would you kindly stop praising Bioschock so much? Hell, I wouldn't. Because it deserves the praise. Definitely one of the most immersive FPS to date since Half Life 2. Also, the final boss fight was one of my most memorable moment in video game. Where else you can find a game that let little girls help you fight the boss?
Score: 9/10

The Walking Dead Episode 2
RIP Mark (and his leg). I won't miss you since I don't even know you well.
Score: 8/10

Crysis
Currently playing this shit. It's fun (obviously), great looking (even for today standard), and the most important you can explore anywhere on the map. The only downside is the boring mission. "Player, go to the place I marked with X on the map!" "Player, infiltrate the enemy base but don't make too much noise!" No fuck you, I won't listen to you. I'm gonna bomb the hell outta the place, I hope you fine with that.
Score: 8/10

Visual Novel
Not much to write here, I'm only planning to read Muvluv but still can't find the right time to do it.


No comments :