minoru's Top 10 Anime of 2011

/
7 Comments
2011 is leaving, 2012 is upon us, etc etc. You guys know I'm not very fond of poetic words. Anyway it's finally my time to announce my favorite anime of 2011. Without anymore useless bullshit, here I go.

10. Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Guilty pleasure o' mine. Enjoyed every single episode. Interesting characters, nice animation and enough amount of fanservice to satisfy my hunger.

9. Tiger & Bunny
One of the two surprises of 2011. This is superhero anime done right. Also, I like Wild Tiger, no homo.

8. Ben-To
Another surprise here. Good fight animations, arguably good main lead and nice harem (aside from Ume because Ume is suck. Sorry fallendevil bro)

7. Nichijou
Goddamn this anime is funny. Never did in a single episode I not shed tears of laughter.

6. Fate/Zero
Superb animation done by ufotable. Nice balance of talking and fighting. Episode 5 is one of the best anime episode of the year.

5. Mawaru Penguindrum
Unique anime that relies much on symbolism and survival strategy. And gosh those adorable penguins!

4. Hourou Musuko
Pretty interesting view on crossdressing. It's sweet, awkward and harsh at the same time. (Man, I dunno what the fuck am I writing anymore)

3. Steins;Gate
HEY MISTER, I AM MAD SCIENTIST. IT'S SO COOL. SONUVABITCH.

2. Usagi Drop
A heartwarming and down-to-earth anime. One could not simply watch Usagi Drop without adoring Rin and whatever she is doing. And for the love Haruhi, no second season please.

1. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
This is it. All of my tears, rage, despair, hope and entropy are in this anime. Being Meguca is suffering. Remember folks, She died for our sins. 4/22/2011 never forget.

Honorary mentions:
Level E
Hanasaku Iroha
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee

That's it. The details will be done in a few hours because I'm gonna watch my sister playing fireworks. I'm a good oniichan after all ( ´_ゝ`) Done. My top ten list is quite predictable, isn't it? What about you?

Oh, also, happy new year dear readers! May 2012 bring us fortune just like 2011 was.

7 comments :

  1. Me not watch Nichijou. But me agrees with most of your picks up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @alfare
    I agree with you agreeing with most of my picks up there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did not watch: Hourou Musuko,Tiger & Bunny,Nichijou. I agree with most of them except for 1 thing. Puella Magi Madoka Magica is not better than Steins;Gate (In my opinion) The ending on Madoka was like meh and it had plotholes.Also i did not like the style they draw the witches.Aside from that I liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the line ups grate but i didn't watch tiger & Bunny i thought it was homo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im just about to watch Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica...
    Reaallly wanted to see how good it is XD

    Btw, Indonesian ya? XD

    ReplyDelete