2009 Top-Selling Manga

/
0 Comments
Yesterday I didn't have anything to do, so I wasted my time browsing some anime sites. And I found interesting article at ANN about 2009's Top-Selling Manga in Japan. The following is the list in question.

Top-Selling Manga in Japan By Series :
1. One Piece by Eiichiro Oda (Shueisha)
2. Naruto by Masashi Kishimoto (Shueisha)
3. Bleach by Tite Kubo (Shueisha)
4. Fullmetal Alchemist by Hiromu Arakawa (Square Enix)
5. Gintama by Hideaki Sorachi (Shueisha)
6. Katekyo Hitman Reborn! by Akira Amano (Shueisha)
7. Mei-chan no Shitsuji by Riko Miyagi (Shueisha)
8. Fairy Tail by Hiro Mashima (Kodansha)
9. 20th Century Boys by Naoki Urasawa (Shogakukan)
10. Saint Young Men by Hikaru Nakamura (Kodansha)

Never heard #7 and #10 though, but the rests are easily predictable. One Piece is currently the most favorite manga in Japan and probably in Indonesia thanks to Oda-sensei's awesome writing skill. And another interesting fact is more than half of the list are occupied by shonen manga, but I ain't no surprise. I wonder when will One Piece, Naruto or Bleach reach its conclusion chapter?

No comments :