2012 Picks: OP & ED

/
8 Comments
Here's list of my favorite anime OP and ED from this year. I'd embed Youtube videos if I'm not lazy well Youtube will eventually take down those videos anyway so search it yourself if you like. So without further ado I present thee, my 2012 OP & ED picks.


OP

Aquarion EVOL OP1 - Kimi no Shinwa ~Aquarion Dai Ni Shou~ by AKINO with bless4
OSORE! I'm pumped as fuck everytime I start Aquarion EVOL thanks to this song. True that this OP doesn't hold up with its prequel legendary song (which is still one of my favorite anisong of all time, even though I don't watch that shitty show) but this is still great.

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia OP - CHOIR JAIL by Suzuki Konomi
Here's another OP that I feel in love with as soon as I heard it. I can hardly believe that the singer is a 14-yo newbie. Definitely looking forward to her future works.

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure OP1 - Jojo ~Sono Chi no Sadame~ by TOMMY
Classy. This song gets better everytime I listen to it.

Nisemonogatari OP2 - marshmallow justice by Kitamura Eri
As generic as this song goes, I still like it. I-it's not like Karen is my favorite girl or anything!

Nisemonogatari OP3 - Platinum Disco by Iguchi Yuka
Possibly the best Monogatari song ever. Even better than Renai Circulation.

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita OP - Real World by nano.RIPE
Honestly I never like nano.RIPE, mainly because I find the vocalist voice annoying (no offense to fans) but I can't hate this song. It's just too lovely, especially with the fairy dance animation. It's a good thing my family never once caught me dancing to the OP in my room.

Space Brothers OP1 - Feel So Moon by Unicorn
This is another song that gets better with the time. Too bad until this moment I can't find the full version anywhere, or is it because it hasn't been released yet?

Sword Art Online OP1 - crossing field by LiSA
As much as I loathe A-1 adaptation of SAO, I won't deny that the music department is very good. This OP by LiSA really captured the epic (lel) feel of the world of Aincrad.

Fate Zero OP2 - to the beginning by Kalafina
In contrast with the energetic first OP, this one has this more melancholic feel in it. Not to mention the great opening animation that follows. Also, I hate you people who say every Kalafina songs sounded same.

Hyouka OP1 - Yasashisa no Riyuu by ChouCho
I always know Choucho is a great singer ever since I first heard her in her utattemita days, but I never knew she can be this good. If I were to pick a 1st position in this list, this song will be it.

Hyouka OP2 - Mikansei Stride by Kodama Saori
The animation is awesome. 'Nuff said.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai OP - Sparkling Daydream by ZAQ
Somehow this song really fitted with the show. The animation sequence is pretty too so I don't need any reason not to include this one.

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san OP - Taiyou Iwaku Moeyo Chaos by Asumi Kana, Matsuki Miyu & Ootsubo Yuka
(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!
Also, this.

Sankarea OP - Esoragoto by nano.RIPE
I said before that I don't fancy nano.RIPE but here I am picking another one of their song. The first part of the song is terrible however once you got through this song is nothing short of fantastic.

ED

Joshiraku ED - Nippon Egao Hyakkei by Momoiro Clover Tei Ichimon
This is the first song that popped in my mind when I was thinking of creating this list. I remember playing the TV rip version at least around 130 times. How can a song be this catchy? It's almost like a sin.

Aquarion EVOL ED1 - Gekkou Symphonia by AKINO & AIKI from bless4
A very relaxing song in contradiction with its hot blooded OP. I fucking love it.

Ano Natsu de Matteru ED -  Vidro Moyou by Yanagi Nagi
Nagi's first solo debut in anime. What kind of a fan am I if I don't include this one? Anyway this song is really great mind you, just as expected from our great utahime.

Jormungand ED - Ambivalentidea by Yanagi Nagi
Okay everyone can go home now because this list is getting more biased towards my obsession with Nagi.

Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse ED1 - signs ~Saku Tsukiichi Yoru~ by Kuribayashi Minami
Ah yes, even though the show itself is shit at least the ED is pretty good. Not as good as her songs from the visual novel but yeah, this one is really pleasant to listen to.

Hyouka ED2 - Kimi ni Matsuwaru Mystery by Satou Satomi & Kayano Ai
Aw yeah, KyoAni is really good when it comes to OP & ED of their shows. This is probably one of the greatest use of costume in anime ED ever.

Inu x Boku SS ED3 - sweets parade by Hanazawa Kana
Cute.

Sankarea ED - Above your hand by Annabel
Relaxing.

Space Brothers ED2 - Kokuhaku by Angela Aki
Uplifting.

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita ED - Yume no Naka no Watashi no Yume by Itou Masumi
Glad to see her sing another song for anime. Her voice is so captivating, ever since I heard her in Azumanga Daioh and Haibane Renmei ED. Not to mention she's a fucking incredible composer too.

Mirai Nikki ED2 - filament by Yousei Teikoku
Call the cops because apparently I never heard of Yousei Teikoku before they appeared in Mirai Nikki OP&ED.

Wooser no Sono Higurashi ED - Love Me Gimme by Tia
One of my biggest surprise of the season, because somehow ryo composed a song for a rather unheard short anime which I assumed was irrelevant but turned out it is pretty entertaining.

Black Rock Shooter ED - Bokura no Ashiato by supercell
Guilty Crown ED2 - Kokuhaku by supercell
These two are in the same single so I decided to put it together. More songs produced by ryo made it into this list. I'm glad that ryo hasn't lost his magic touch.

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ED - Ohisama by Amesaki Annainin
Hands down the best ED of the year. Probably the best of all time too.

.
.
.
.
.
I probably miss some but there it is, list of my favorite OP/ED from 2012. What do you think of it? Do you have any favorite from this year? Do share in the comment below.

8 comments :

  1. cant wait the top ten 2012 anime haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, seriously? No Btooom OP? I'm dissapointed.
    Here's the video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZu7sXzNHLw

    Oh, btw, that's the AMV. I couldn't find the decent one with full ver., lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't watch the show, but hey I like Nano.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ED - Ohisama by Amesaki Annainin
    Hands down the best ED of the year. Probably the best of all time too." >> agree, the song with its ED scene [A Path to Heroism] and PV is one of the most epic song of 2012

    wait, no Laterality?

    ReplyDelete
  5. To tell you the truth, I like Jormungand ED better than Perfect Order.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooohiiisaaaamaaa, ga utaaaauu yooooo...!

    Pampampa pararampampaa... *gets kicked*

    ReplyDelete