Review: Sora no Otoshimono Tokeijikake no Angeloid

/
2 Comments
After some time, I finally got free time to watch this movie. This movie is adaptation of Hiyori arc from the manga which spanned from chapter 35-40. The arc without a doubt is my favorite because it was different from the usual content of the manga. It was thrilling the first time I read the chapters which was quite a rare feeling when it came to Sora no Otoshimono, a manga filled with hilarity and nonsense. So how does this adaptation turned out?

My first impression of the movie was bad. Why, you ask? It was a goddamn recap for the first goddamn 40 minutes or so, that's why. Fortunately I was not in sleepy state otherwise I would surely hit the sack rather than watch this movie thus missed the joy of watching it. It was still bearable though, because we got to see the recap from Hiyori's point of view. But I advise you to skip to the main content if you yawn too much. You won't miss anything important.

Once you pass the recap segment, let the fun begin. Hiyori herself is the main attraction of the movie. Hiyori is my favorite character among all the female characters in Sora no Otoshimono. Mainly because her honest personality and she was the first person who admit she likes Tomoki. She's quite a beauty too. It is so unfortunate that she's kinda sidetracked in the recent manga chapter probably because Sohara and the Angeloids can't win from her.

The plot was slightly different from the manga. I was mad that AIC cut several part from the manga, particularly the "train" part (if you read the manga as well you should know). They also cut some little detail such as the white chocolates. I think if they didn't put too much time in the recap they can add those parts to the movie. The battle and the ending were different too. The movie ending was kinda bittersweer or more like a Downer ending. No pun intended. I don't know the reason behind this but at least the ending wasn't as fucked up as Forte.

Well, look at me. All I did was complaining about how the movie is different from the manga. I completely missed the fact that I quite enjoyed it even though the usual comedy was kinda toned down. I also must applaud the production value on this movie, especially the battle visual effect. The soundtrack was well done as usual too.

Overall, Sora no Otoshimono Tokeijikake no Angeloid was an enjoyable watch for me. Sora no Otoshimono is one of the few ecchi anime that I don't mind watching because the story is good (albeit a bit cliche). This movie is recommended for the fans of the manga and anime as long as you can stand a few changes from the original content. For this movie, I would give 8/10.

P.S. Looking forward to season three (and let us just forget how Forte ended)

2 comments :

  1. Hiyori is also my favourite character which was why I was so excited for this movie. The recap was useless but I liked it because it was her point of view.

    The only part I really wanted to see was Tomoki forget Hiyori because of just how powerful that scene was in the manga. I really felt for him when he fought so hard to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really "yawn" at the recap part.
    What is the point they doing that?
    My guess is the staff thinking like this:
    "Hey if we made this story jump to the main conflict probably it will make new viewer confused. Lets make some recap, explain the background story. We could save some budget too since we only using old frame from season 1 and 2".

    Lets talk few about the manga. I really like when the Minazuki entering serious mode. I mean, this manga have a lot of potential. Because there are so many hint but not many explanation about relationship of Synapse and "the Downer". Unfortunately he made the each chapter something like "funservice-serious-serious-funservice-serious/fun-funservice". Waiting each month when only get funservice chapter is make me want to skip whole mont to get serious chapter.

    ReplyDelete